Mark focuses his practice on corporate bankruptcy, debtor-creditor matters, and complex commercial litigation. Professionally, Mark has been recognized by Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters publication, annually since 2007, while The Best Lawyers in America lists him among the top attorneys in the fields of Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights, Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Bankruptcy Litigation. Mark has earned the designation of Master in the American Inns of Court and is rated AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell. He currently serves as managing director of McGuire, Craddock & Strother and heads the firm’s Business Restructuring & Bankruptcy practice group.
Mark represents clients in all capacities in bankruptcy proceedings in Texas and throughout the country. His practice includes representation of debtors, official committees, trustees, and other parties-in-interest in major corporate bankruptcy and restructuring litigation. Mark also frequently represents clients in director and officer litigation, avoidance actions, and other complex commercial litigation.
- J.D., Louisiana State University, 1988; Member, Louisiana Law Review; Order of the Coif; Phi Kappa Phi
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 1984
Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas; and the U.S. 5th and 10th Circuit Courts of Appeal.
- State Bar of Texas, 1989-present
- Bankruptcy Section
- Business Litigation Section
- Louisiana State Bar Association, 1988-present
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court, master
- Dallas Bar Association, master
- Bankruptcy Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, published in Texas Monthly, 2007 – 2014
- Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights, Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Bankruptcy Litigation.
- AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Legal Leaders Top Rated Lawyers, ALM and Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2014
- Board of Trustees, LSU Law School
- Frequent author and speaker on bankruptcy-related topics