Mark focuses his practice on corporate bankruptcy, debtor-creditor matters, and complex commercial litigation. Professionally, Mark has been recognized by Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters publication, annually since 2007, while The Best Lawyers in America has named him to its list of top attorneys in the fields of Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights, Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Bankruptcy Litigation. Mark has earned the designation of Master in the American Inns of Court. He currently serves as managing director of the firm and heads the firm’s Business Restructuring & Bankruptcy practice group.
Mark represents clients in all capacities in bankruptcy proceedings in Texas and throughout the country. His practice includes representation of debtors, official committees, trustees, and other parties-in-interest in major corporate bankruptcy and restructuring litigation. Mark also frequently represents clients in director and officer litigation, avoidance actions, and other complex commercial litigation.
Mark is AV® Peer Review Rated by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell.
- J.D., Louisiana State University, 1988; Member, Louisiana Law Review; Order of the Coif; Phi Kappa Phi
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 1984
Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas; the Northern District of Florida; and the U.S. 5th and 10th Circuit Courts of Appeal.
- State Bar of Texas, 1989-present
- Bankruptcy Section
- Business Litigation Section
- Louisiana State Bar Association, 1988-present
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court, master
- Dallas Bar Association, master
- Bankruptcy Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Super Lawyers list – honored annually since 2007 by Thomson Reuters and published in Texas Monthly magazine.
- Best Lawyers in America, honored in the areas of Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights, Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Bankruptcy Litigation.
- AV® Peer Review Rated by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell.
- Board of Trustees, LSU Law School
- Frequent author and speaker on bankruptcy-related topics