Working in the Commercial Real Estate section, Susan focuses her practice on the purchase, development, financing, and leasing of commercial real estate projects, with a concentration on retail, mixed-use, industrial, and office developments. Susan represents commercial landlords of both established and new shopping centers and office buildings, as well as retail, office, and industrial tenants, in the negotiation and amendment of leases and various property management issues. She also represents local and national developers acquiring or selling commercial real estate in all phases of the transaction, including contract drafting and negotiation, title review and title insurance issues, site development, and closing documentation. Additionally, Susan frequently assists lenders and borrowers in the documentation and negotiation of sophisticated credit facilities and represents lenders in loan workouts and foreclosure proceedings.
In addition, Susan is named to the 2009 Texas Rising Stars list by Thomson Reuters as published in Texas Monthly.
- J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Dallas, 2006
- Articles Editor, International Law Review Association
- Dean’s List
- B.S. (Psychology), Texas A&M University, 1990
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Dallas Bar Association, Real Property Section and Probate, Trusts, and Estates Section
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Society of Texas A&M Real Estate Professionals (Aggie Real Estate Network)
- Adjunct Professor at SMU Law School, teaching “Real Estate Transactions” in the Spring of 2016 term (team teaching with Harriet Tabb of McGuire, Craddock & Strother, P.C.)
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, published in Texas Monthly, 2009
- Author, “Eminent Domain: Economic Development Clarified,” Dallas Bar Assoc. Headnotes, Vol. 31, No. 7, July 1, 2007