A member of the firm’s commercial real estate and finance sections, Austin focuses his practice on a broad array of sophisticated commercial real estate transactions across the country. He has extensive experience representing owners, developers, borrowers and lenders in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing, management and divestiture of commercial real estate projects spanning multiple asset classes, including office, retail, industrial, hospitality, multifamily and self-storage projects.
Austin graduated from Baylor University with a double major in economics and business management. He graduated from The University of Texas School of Law with a Juris Doctorate, where he was a member of the Texas Environmental Law Journal. Prior to joining the firm, Austin was a Senior Associate in the real estate section of an Am Law 50 firm in Dallas.
- REIT in connection with the acquisition of retail, industrial and hospitality portfolios across the United States
- REIT in connection with the “reverse build-to-suit” development of an entertainment facility in Texas
- Family office trusts in connection with the acquisition and sale of commercial real estate across the United States
- REITs and private equity funds in connection with sale-leaseback transactions across the United States
- Private equity fund in the acquisition of office towers across the United States
- Global pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of corporate headquarters lease
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2014
- B.B.A., Economics; Business Management, Baylor University, 2011
- State Bar of Texas, 2014-present
- Dallas Bar Association
- The Real Estate Counsel