Jeff’s litigation strategy starts with an eye keenly on his clients’ business goals and a desire to explore the most expeditious and cost-effective approach to accomplishing the desired goals. As a key member of the firm’s respected litigation group, Jeff works seamlessly with lawyers within the litigation team, as well as practice groups throughout the firm.
Jeff has extensive experience in complex commercial matters, including corporate governance, policy-holder insurance issues, real estate, and construction litigation. He has successfully prosecuted and defended actions against officers and directors of both public and private corporations. Jeff also handles complex contractual disputes, having both prosecuted and defended such actions in the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals and federal district and state courts, as well as before bankruptcy courts and various arbitration panels. His experience with real estate law includes disputes involving both finance and structure issues.
In addition, Jeff is named to the Texas Super Lawyers list by Thomson Reuters as published in Texas Monthly, 2007 – 2009, 2011 – present, and is rated AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell.
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 1984
- Notes and Comments Editor, Wake Forest Law Review, 1983-1984
- Moot Court Board
- B.S., Bowling Green State University, 1981
- Recipient of President’s Distinguished Service Award
- Omicron Delta Kappa
Admitted to practice before the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, 1984-present
- Dallas Bar Association, 1984-present
- American Bar Association
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, published in Texas Monthly, 2007 – 2009, 2011 – 2018
- Rated AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Legal Leaders/Top Rated Lawyers, ALM and Martindale-Hubbell
- Coach, Ursuline Academy Mock Trial Team, 2008-12
- Coach, Woodrow Wilson High School Mock Trial Team, 2000-04