Melissa has extensive experience representing clients in a wide variety of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic business alliances, securities offerings and fundraising, and general corporate matters. She is committed to finding solutions and negotiating transactions that achieve her client’s objectives. She is a member of the firm’s Corporate & Securities practice group.
In addition to a career in private practice, Melissa has served as General Counsel to a $2.35 billion company in the financial technology industry. Her in-house experience provides her with enhanced insight into client needs and priorities, and how outside counsel can best support their client’s success. She understands that clients require actionable legal advice in a timely fashion.
Melissa has represented both private and public companies in the raising of financing in the public and private markets. She has advised regarding the wide array of issues associated with fundraising and corporate governance in the increasingly complex regulatory environment. Melissa has represented clients regarding mergers, acquisitions, stock option plans and related compensation matters, and complex contract negotiation. In addition, she regularly provides advice regarding Exchange Act reporting and disclosure requirements.
- J.D., cum laude, New York University School of Law, 1997
- B.A., with High Honors, University of Texas, 1992
- B.B.A., with High Honors, University of Texas, 1992
Admitted to Practice: Texas, 2000; New York, 1998
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Nominated as Outstanding General Counsel, Small Legal Department, 2016 for the ACC & D CEO 2016 Corporate Counsel Awards
- Named “Texas Rising Star” in securities and corporate finance, Texas Monthly, 2007, 2008 and 2009