Jim is an experienced member of McGuire, Craddock & Strother’s bankruptcy and litigation groups. With an MBA in addition to his law degree, Jim handles a broad range of business-related matters, including construction, commercial litigation, and bankruptcy. Jim routinely represents debtors, creditors, and Chapter 7 Trustees in bankruptcy proceedings throughout the United States. A graduate of the U.S. Naval War College, Jim is a Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserves and actively involved in civic, political, and professional organizations on a local and regional level.
Jim is recognized as an expert and leader in the local bar having served as President of the DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (DAYBL), on the Board of Directors of the Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section of the Dallas Bar, and as a Barrister in the John C. Ford American Inn of Court.
In addition, Jim was named to the 2010 and 2011 Texas Rising Stars lists by Thomson Reuters as published in Texas Monthly.
Regularly counsels and represents Chapter 7 Trustees in all aspects of bankruptcy, including the recovery and liquidation of estate assets, sale of real estate, proof of claim objections and preference and fraudulent transfer litigation.
Routinely represents plaintiffs and defendants at trial and on appeal in bankruptcy litigation including avoidance, claim determination, and discharge disputes.
Successfully prosecuted to judgment numerous commercial collection claims on behalf of regional and national banks and creditors.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2005
- M.B.A., University of Dallas, 2002
- M.A. (International Affairs), University of Central Oklahoma, 1994
- B.A., Miami University, 1993
- William J. Rochelle, Jr. 2010 course: Chapter 11 – The Practice of Corporate Reorganization Law
- Graduate, U.S. Naval War College, Command and Staff Program, 2007
Admitted to practice before the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of Texas.
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (DAYBL), 2014 President-Elect; DAYBL Board of Directors, 2013 – present
- Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section, Board of Directors
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association, 2011-present
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL) Foundation, Life Fellow
- Alumni, 2007 DAYL Leadership Class
- Freedom Run, 2008, 2009 Sponsorship Committee
Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, published in Texas Monthly, 2010 and 2011
- Commander, U. S. Navy Reserve
- Texas 2020 Group